24 April 2021

Time for water

Working on the borders today was real hard work. The soil is bone dry. We’ve not had any rain for weeks and along with the frequent frosts we are heading for cold drought. I seem to have lost most of my Lupins this year, admittedly they were struggling after last years hot summer so a dry cold winter hasn’t helped.

I eventually got the soil broken up and then got the hose going. I’ll more than likely do it again tomorrow.  We were forecast rain for next week but that seems to have disappeared right now.




Peter ran the scarifier over the lawn after I took these photos. It’s amazing how much rubbish comes out of the grass. Hopefully it will pick up and be a lush lawn or a brown patch if not watered soon!
 

I got salmon out of the freezer for dinner this evening and was undecided what to make with it. Peter said he fancied Indian so I went through Madhur Jaffrey’s Curry Easy book and found a Bengali Mustard Salmon dish, picture above from book, though mine did look just like this.  It was very good I served it with cumin and pea basmati rice. One to make again. I even made pudding, we had some past their best scones so I turned them into a peach cobbler with the aid of butter, sugar and a can of peaches, another success. 

Just as well we walked this morning! A trip into St Ives for sun cream and bread via the Hemingford Meadow - 4.2 miles

1 comment:

  1. Your gardens look wonderful. So neat and tidy!! Love seeing the babies ducks ,etc yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x