5 April 2021

Monday again

I actually got the day right today. I woke early shot out of bed as I thought there was a phone ringing downstairs.  We leave our phones in the kitchen and don’t have an upstairs connection to the landline, hardly anyone rings it anyway.  Of course all the phones were sat there quietly, no missed calls, last call on the landline 23 March - see I said no one rings it much.  I must have been dreaming. Needless to say I didn’t go back to sleep and neither did Peter ...... oops.  He even got up and made me tea, it was 6:30

Around 8:30 we noticed it was snowing, crazy crazy weather. It wasn’t much but it’s been very cold in the wind.  I did however get two loads of washing hung out and dried so I’m not complaining.

Peter took himself off for a walk whilst I sorted some plants and baked some cookies. These are carrot and oatmeal, they are supposed to have a cream cheese icing drizzle but I didn’t have any cream cheese so subbed Greek yogurt and left out the milk but added some orange zest which is a great addition.  They are really nice, the recipe is from Waitrose online, I will definitely make them again.  


After lunch I sat and finished the top for Jess, I have a feeling this is going to stretch, it being 100% cotton. As I said before she may not like it as it’s not pink or purple, but I have 500g of the main colour so I need to do something with it.  I tried a top for me but ripped it out, I have a feeling I may be making a lot of dishcloths or perhaps a summer shawl.  I’m not even sure what I originally bought the yarn for, it’s Drops Safran and I expect it was on offer......



Boris has confirmed that shops, pubs/restaurants (outside only) and hairdressers etc can open from next Monday so I am hopeful of getting a hair appointment in the not too distant future.  I should be on the list as I had one booked in January and they are rebooking everyone who was cancelled first 🤞

Something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x