19 December 2020

2020 - December 19th

When will this all end? More restrictions, Christmas cancelled for millions in the UK. New tier level 4 introduced for some that only went to 3 yesterday. I know it’s to keep everyone safe but after people were given a glimmer of hope for a ‘near normal’ Christmas just last week, then for all those hopes and wishes to be dashed. Yes, you can still meet on the day which is fine if your family lives local. It would almost be better to have put us back into lockdown then no one would have to wrestle with the decision of meeting or not meeting. Heart breaking. We are tier 2 but more or less surrounded by tier 3 or 4, a scary situation. Technically we can still travel .......

I was awake around 5 this morning and ended up coming down as I was wide awake and uncomfortable with pains in my hip. After about an hour I decided I may as well ice my Christmas cake, what do you think? Definitely not as many sprinkles as Last year!



Yesterday evening Rebecca did a Instagram live floristry chat with Liz from Blue Sky’s Flowers.  They both created a mantle decoration for Christmas you can watch again here - Chateau de la Ruche Instagram if you go to the IGTV button (middle) on the page you can see all the videos or you can also access on the grid (left) and find the post







I think you will agree it’s magnificent. I so miss having a mantle to decorate. 

I must get back to my knitting, I have made so many mistakes in the last 24 hours and pulled out so many rows, think my mind is elsewhere 

Take care xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x