17 December 2020

2020- December 17th

Hello all, hoping this finds you all well and those of you in the USA, safe and cosy at home in the face of all the snow. I can’t imagine we will see snow here, we don’t often. 

Today we ventured into Cambridge as we needed to go to Marks and Spencer. I was amazed at how quiet the town was considering it is only one week til Christmas. No carol singers, no Salvation Army band, no buskers. No crowds. I was also surprised to see so many gaps in the shops, so many shut or empty shop units, a sad state of affairs. As everywhere was quiet we decided to treat ourselves to lunch in Itsu, I love their teriyaki chicken rice bowl and Peter had the Korean chicken rice bowl. Normally the place is heaving and you are hard pressed to get a seat, but not today. Afterwards we had a wander round the headed to Gelato Jacks for dessert - Christmas pudding ice cream. Omg it was so good - if you find yourself in Cambridge then head to Benet Street or All Saints Passage, you won’t be disappointed 


Before we went out I made my wreath. I wanted one this year that would be winter rather than Christmas. In fact a wreath to leave up all year and tweak for the seasons.  It’s hard to photograph a wreath on a glass door but I’m hoping to change the porch and garage doors next year so will make sure I get a wreath-worthy door!


Some little festive touches




We were pleased to see that the government left us in tier 2 restrictions, in fact really our county could be tier 1 our numbers are low but I’m guessing it’s easier to leave us due to our proximity to Cambridge. 

I’m working on sock 2 currently doing the gusset then onto the foot. Not sure what’s planned after they are done. 

Take care and try to enjoy the season x

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine just how good that gelato was.
    Fabulous wreathe an decorations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x