21 December 2020

2020 - December 21

Shortest day, longest night - the light has been in short supply all day. So gloomy and grim, which I suppose is perfect for the news right now. Nothing but misery. 

I was too upset to post yesterday due to the border closures between the UK and France. Our youngest and her family were due to travel out to France today. To say they are devastated would be an understatement. Many tears have been shed on both sides of the channel. And we are helpless in the face of it. Currently the news is that a decision will be announced tomorrow Tuesday and comes into effect on Wednesday. All we can do right now is wait it out. It’s hard to know what to do to keep spirits up


These are my finished socks  I’m now working on a shawl for want of something to do. I have made more knitting mistakes over the last few days than I have in ages necessitating a fair bit of reworking!



And a few views from yesterday’s walk, it was a beautiful day. No two days seem to be the same at the moment. 






 Fingers crossed for some positive news tomorrow xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x