28 December 2020

2020 December 28


I bring you a bit of brightness today. I finished up the Reyna shawl last night.  Pastels really aren’t my style, but this actually turned out better than I thought it would. I don’t plan on keeping hold of it though as I’m sure I’ll never wear it. I have someone in mind to gift it too. 

As you will see below, no two days are the same around here we exchanged yesterday’s blue skies for freezing fog all day. It really was cold out. The river is still running high and the water meadows are full but our side is still ok thank goodness. 








I started a new project this afternoon - Honeycomb cushion covers - I plan on two, one for each of the carver dining chairs. 

The jade yarn (3 skeins) has been languishing in my stash for 10 years!!! Bought in Chicago just after Rufus was born. We went for a concert - as you do, and I know it was touch and go as to whether I went, as he was 10 days late. I had planned to knit something for him but then realised after my daughter ruined a hand knit by putting it in the dryer that maybe I wouldn’t use this 100% pure wool (and quite expensive too) for a baby knit + new mum who didn’t have the time to hand wash. Hence the reason it’s still in the stash along with 3 more skeins in a different colourway. It’s a very simple pattern and looks very effective 



I may well use the rest of the yarn for hats or scarves, something that doesn’t need to go into the wash too often .....

1 comment:

  1. The shawl is so pretty. I like the colors of it. That's going to be a nice chair cover. Can't get over how high the river is. Thank goodness your on the other side. Stay save!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x