27 December 2020

2020 - December 27

After a wild and windy night we have had a beautiful day.  I could have done without the disturbed night, rain banging on the windows and wind howling round the house.  No damage though so that's a blessing. We received a further flood alert at 7am, but having walked down to the river this morning it is still well below its peak on Christmas Eve so I think we are safe enough.  The weather has certainly turned colder but I'm happy with that if it brings the blue skies back.


We managed to get across the common, but had to dodge the boggy bits


The pathway through to Godmanchester was further underwater today, most cyclists were avoiding it



Luckily the water still has a fair way to come to reach the common




We clocked up 5.1 miles today.  I must admit being limited in what you can do has made us walk more, just wish that translated to my waistline! No amount of walking changes that. But I suppose if I sat around and just ate it would be worse.

I shall do a rundown of the year in the next few days.  I have updated my knitting and travelling pages recently.  If nothing else, Covid has got me back to blogging this year and I must admit I enjoy it.  Thank you, to those of you that read and comment on my posts, not that many of you, but as I always said its more of a reference for me than anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x