13 December 2020

December 13th

Another week gone, another weekend over. Not that we tend to know what day of the week it is these days. 

So how was your weekend?  Lots more crappy weather. We did get out for a short walk yesterday but oh goodness today has been horrible. I think the weather is paying us back for the lovely April and May this year. 


We saw the sun briefly on Saturday afternoon 

I’ve had a productive weekend though. Yesterday I made pate. We had bought some liver to have for dinner and when we opened it there were lots of very small bits, you really couldn’t call them slices. So pate it became, and very good it is too. Mind you we will be eating it for lunch all week, there lots of it. 

I got my wrapping finished, cards are posted, the tree will go up on Tuesday and I will marzipan and ice the cake at some point over the next week. Only food shopping to do. As there will only be 4 of us Christmas Day we won’t need that much extra. We aren’t going for a bird this Christmas either, we have a rib of beef in the freezer so have decided to cook that having consulted with our lunch guests. 

Talking of freezers, I sorted ours out this morning. We have a chest freezer and it tends to get a bit muddled especially if I don’t put stuff away..... I now know where everything is again  

I have also sorted out all my knitting patterns and magazines, which actually took me all morning. I decided to go through the magazines and take out what I know I will knit, mainly socks and homeware and the rest has gone into recycling. I think I just have 2019/20, which I’m going to hang on to for a bit. I have cancelled my subscription to Simply Knitting because I rarely knit anything from them and if I’m honest there’s not much reading in them anyway. All the patterns are now neatly put away in plastic sleeves in ring binders. Very tidy  

I’m currently making myself a pair of socks, first one done and second cast on. The yarn I bought last year in Yorkshire. 





The yarn has knit up more purple than I expected but I’m pleased nonetheless. I’m glad that I remembered the Kitchener stitch this time and it worked out quite smooth, a clever finish

That about rounds up the weekend. Must soon be time for bath, bed and my book. Night night 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x