2 December 2020

December 2nd

It’s been a very busy productive day. I checked the forecast and decided I had enough jobs on my to do list to keep me busy. Peter went out for a while, whilst I made a start on the list. 

My first job was to plant up the hyacinth and cyclamen I bought on Monday. First I removed a spider plant from a small zinc planter and popped in one of each of the plants for the kitchen window sill  


I then scouted round for a suitable vessel for the remaining plants plus the spider. This copper pan did the trick and I think looks lovely. When I’m next out I will collect some moss to top it off. It’s now in the hallway adding a touch of colour and eventually scent. Btw the hyacinths should all be white. 



Next job was to make the panforte (Italian Christmas cake) or so called in our house ‘adult cake’. I make this most years and have done since the girls were in their teens. They didn’t like the flavours hence the name adult cake. This is great served with really good coffee and keeps for ages if stored right. What’s not to like, nuts, glacé fruits, cocoa, spices, honey amongst other ingredients 



Whilst this was baking I swept the kitchen floor then got out the ironing board, popped on the radio and got the ironing sorted. 

Peter came back and duly tackled the cleaning of the bathroom and cloakroom. Nice one

After a quick lunch I decided to make a start on wrapping Christmas presents. 

I feel very satisfied with my day and don’t regret staying home. Especially as it’s been grey and showery all day, funny how no two days are the same. It’s definitely turning a lot colder so we are hoping for some more blue skies. 

I need to go tackle some shops for both birthday and Christmas cards so I’m guessing a job for later this week, Friday I would think as we both have a Flu jab booked. Good news on the Covid vaccine front, perhaps we can all soon get back to normal. I really feel we all need some normal back in our lives

Take care xx

2 comments:

  1. We definitely need normal in our lives!! Nice job on the plants. The cake looks so delicious. I guess you did have a very productive day. Love the sweater you just finished. What pattern was it? I know it was for a child. The yarn is lovely!! Take care. Yes, wonderful news about the vaccine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x