14 December 2020

December 14th

Today we saw the sun, all day. What a mood lifter. Of course we got out for a walk once I had the wash on. It was so good to feel the sun on your face. It was however very wet underfoot I really need to invest in some new waterproof boots, my walking boots are fine up to a point but not much good for walking through water or lots of slippy mud!  My wellies are in France, but then they really aren’t suitable for a long walk. I need to investigate the options. 









A message this morning from our youngest daughter to say that both reception classes at school have to self isolate as someone has tested positive. It’s such a worry, but totally crazy as Gus has to stay home but Jess is allowed to go into school???! 

I don’t have any answers everyone is pretty upset, confused, unsure of what to do for the best these days. Your head tells you one thing but your heart another. I wake feeling relaxed for a few minutes then reality kicks in and so does the anxiety. It makes me so cross to see all the photos on the news of people crowded together not caring if they catch Covid or not as long as they are having a good time. Then feeling so guilty if you just want a short while with your family at maybe not a safe distance when you’ve been with no one else. This year just sucks and it looks like a good part of 2021 will too. We booked tickets for a concert next October, do you think it will be safe to go, let’s hope so because right now it’s all we have to look forward to next year. 

Stay safe x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x