5 January 2021

Lockdown 3 - day 1

Here we are in lockdown again. It’s very quiet, hardly any traffic noise again. Today at the feeder is one of the fat pigeons. He was really going for it. 



I decided to sort the fridge and found an open pot of plain yogurt and of sour cream so I mixed them together with some milk and made a soda bread which we had some of for lunch with soup. It was very good. 



I cleared the ironing basket and put away all the clothes from the airing cupboard. Sorted drawers and generally felt that I’d earned some knitting time. I did pop out for a quick whizz around the block but it was freezing so didn’t stay out long. 

Dinner tonight will be salmon pasta of some kind. I plan on going through the freezer and listing what’s in there, bringing older stuff nearer the top.  I tend to do this every year instead of constantly going to the shops, as you honestly forget what’s in there especially in a chest freezer. 

I’m hoping for some inspiration with meals as I feel like I’m getting stuck in a rut. I have been keeping a note of our main meals since the start of November and notice a bit of a pattern. Do you have a set of meals that you cook on rotation or do you change up every week? We like to eat differently each week but I have noticed a fair few Thai curries and chillis on repeat. We do love a curry!

3 comments:

  1. Like the hats! The bread looked good too! I just cook whatever pop's into my head. I do like to make a very healthy Chicken soup! It's more like a stew than soup. I take it your going to make more hats! What about a lovely sweater for you or for your husband ? The weather here has been cold and wet, also a bit windy! We haven't gone into lockdown ,yet ! You never know. Stay safe! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Digging through my freezers for the same reasons is on my list to. Tomorrow. Or maybe the next day...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x