31 January 2021

Lockdown 3 - day 27

 

Good afternoon, how is your Sunday going? As yesterday blogger has put my photos in reverse order!

Above are all the finished projects for January. I end the month with two works in progress, the Honeycomb cushion cover and my new cardigan. I currently don’t have anymore requests so I should be able to work on them through February.

It’s hard to believe that this time last year we were just 17 days away from our New Zealand trip, it feels like a lifetime ago now. So much has not happened!! We long to go away for a break but know it’s not possible. The more you read the less likely getting out of the UK looks for this year. Sigh ....

More overnight rain bought the river levels up and over the meadow to Houghton today so we walked the common towards Godmanchester. Very wet and underwater in places but with a bit of soggy deviation we got round.

The crows were busy in the tree tops building their nests. It was good to see and hear so much bird activity today.



This was the sight that met me when I opened the front curtains this morning, so pretty. We are calling them Sunday sunrises as it’s a week since the last one like this



Dinner tonight will be slow cooked boned shoulder of lamb with couscous - I was pleased with myself for tackling the boning, Peter normally does it, but he got a new boning knife so I thought I’d give it a go - it’s sharp! 

I also made a cherry Bakewell tart for dessert, as I had made a pie base from some leftover pastry the other day and it needed using, well that’s my excuse anyway

Enjoy the rest of your day

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x