1 February 2021

Lockdown 3 - day 28



Hello February! It’s been an average sort of day here in lockdown world. 

What have we been doing?

Laundry day - we decided to treat ourselves to a new mattress topper and pillows which arrived this morning. We striped the bed and turned the mattress for good measure. I’m actually quite excited for bedtime as the topper feels very thick and cosy. Anything to make me sleep better. 

I spent a while working on the latest jigsaw puzzle

After lunch we saw the sun for a while. Peter went for a walk and I spent some time in the garden. It was good to start the tidy up and I managed to get just under half of it done before my feet got too cold and I started to loose the light. No pictures I’m afraid but hopefully I can finish off this week then snap some photos.  The hellebores are coming out a treat and now I’ve cut back all the old leaves they are putting on a show.

The back of my cardigan, there is about 5” more to do. It’s quite a long one. The pattern is from Yarnspiration and is the Caron Dropped Shoulder Knit Cardigan.  Of course I am making some changes to it.  I’ve done a 2x2 rib rather than single. Added stripes. The front band will be worked as I go rather than sewn on after. Instead of a garter band it will be ribbed to match the welts. I saw this on a blog the other day and liked the look so decided to give it a go. 


And finally an Amaryllis bulb springing into life. A gift from a friend 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x