13 February 2021

Lockdown 3 - day 40

Another productive day - pictures in reverse order because why would blogger do what you want?

The 4 balls of Filati da Collezione Chiara have finally left my stash after it must be 7 years. I first knit with it in March 2015 so I imagine I bought it the previous October from the Knitting and Stitching show. It’s all gone apart from a tiny length which I’ll keep in case of mishaps 



We walked to Houghton Mill and back, it was so cold walking across the meadow, nothing to shield you from the winds. As you can see the remains of the flood waters are now frozen and these children were having fun sliding about.

We took some lunch with us.  Peter ordered us a Valentines box of Eccles cakes from the Pump Street Bakery in Orford, they really are seriously good cakes.  We added a slice each of Hafod cheddar and a flask of Baileys hot chocolate. We sat by the side of the Mill cafe (which is currently closed) in the sun and out of the wind and enjoyed our lunch before heading back in the teeth of the wind




This morning I made my marmalade, I think this was the quickest set I ever got on a marmalade. As Kathy said on Instagram - pots of sunshine 







So there you have it our Saturday 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x