9 February 2021

Lockdown 3 - day 36

New hat from yarn that’s been hanging around for years. I felt in need of a new project now I have got to the sleeves of my cardigan. Just some instant gratification 



We have had flurries of snow on and off today, nothing much. 

Snow capped mole  hills 


Soggy grass


Iced hedgerow 


Frosted plants



We walked as usual for want of something to do, taking our wellies with us so we could walk the common without getting muddy. So much better. Flooding still prevents us from going to Houghton Mill and beyond, so we are limited as to walking options in lockdown. Oh to get into the car and drive to the coast. 

Peter had the fidgets this afternoon so took himself off for another walk whilst I worked on the hat. He missed a FaceTime call from the little ones, who called with tales of bodily noises which they find amusing!  Jess says she doesn’t like to FaceTime as it’s not the same and if she can’t have a cuddle what’s the point. I must admit it always feel forced, I much prefer to have a conversation that just flows from doing things together, sharing moments. We miss them all so much. 

It really does look like it’s going to be a long time before our lives are going to be anywhere like normal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x