10 February 2021

Lockdown 3 - day 37


It’s so funny this yarn has sat in my stash for a long time. Every time I looked at it I felt it was too bright but adding the strand of black glitter has transformed it. I love it. The hat completed and mitts started. 

We walked around the village outskirts today for a change, actually achieving 4 miles which was a pleasant surprise. The flooded fields are transformed from brown ploughed land to sparkling frozen and frosted lakes








Silk tassel bush in all its glory


Flooded lane to the Hemingford Meadows

The following photos were taken by my husband this afternoon. He finally got himself a new iPhone and is discovering the joy of instant photography!




I stayed home and finished the mittens. There is still enough yarn to make a cowl, then I must get back to my cardigan and cushion cover 


Whilst I knit I listen to books on Audible, I just finished this book which I thoroughly enjoyed and also had a bit of an American history lesson too. A great read. I loved the Nightingale by this author too, I have a list of her earlier books on my wish list so plan to work my way through them. 

I do enjoy a physical book but audiobooks enable me to knit and listen (read) at the same time.  For reading in bed I have a selection of titles by Anne Tyler on the bedside table that I’m working through.  What are you currently reading? Any recommendations?

2 comments:

  1. The hat and fingerless came out really nice. Like the yarn a lot. Kristen is one of my favorite author's. Love her stories. Glad Peter is feeling better. Looks a lot different with the water receding. Take care and stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter is quite the photographer.
    I too listen while doing many thing...the drive to and from city, knitting, working in the wool loft....but try to have a real book on hand for the evenings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x