14 February 2021

Lockdown 3 - day 41

Today is my birthday I turned 65!  I can’t quite believe it but the years don’t lie. I honestly didn’t expect when my birthday rolled round that we would still be in lockdown. That is the whole family now having had a lockdown birthday and the way things are going some may get another. 

What did we do?  Walk of course. Still very cold, hard to believe it’s supposed to be 12C tomorrow. Crazy weather. 

We went to the lakes again and walked in the other direction than the other day and managed to get much further round and because of the cold weather the ground was fairly firm.










This afternoon we had a FaceTime catch up with the family which was lovely and also sad at the same time. So hard not to be able to be together.  I have been very spoiled, lots of books - 5 audio and 4 physical. Flowers, sweater, waxed hat for walking in the rain, money, chocolate and jelly babies and Rachel made me this gorgeous knitting note book and also the anemone flower. She is really into felt flower crafts and makes these books as gifts for friends, I think she should start making to sell, though we all know how hard it is to get a fair price for craft items given the time involved in the making. I've also had lots of messages and cards from family and friends which has been great. 




Peter is cooking tonight the menu is

Coquilles St Jacques 

Duck breast with dauphinois potatoes and salad

White chocolate and raspberry cheesecake - I have a feeling that may have to wait til tomorrow but we will see how we get on.

I already had birthday cake this afternoon, but didn’t have lunch as I knew I’d struggle.  Definitely will need to walk tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you !! They do seem to come around pretty fast! What a wonderful work of art your daughter created. So special . Dinner sounds yummy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty books. Know you will enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x