5 February 2021

Lockdown 3 - day 32

 

Friday, I woke thinking it was Saturday.  Are you struggling with the days of the week?

It’s been a glorious day, well it’s a bit cloudy now but we saw the sun which just makes the world feel a bit more right.

Above is the back and left front of my cardigan, I’m so pleased I knit the band as I went, so much easier. 

We walked today as usual, deciding we would carry on from the common to Godmanchester. We wanted to see what the flooding was like through The Parks.

We fed the swans on our way out of Hemingford, they really have no concept of personal space coming far to close for my liking! As you can see we are still very flooded.







This was the state of my boots after crossing the final section of Hemingford Abbots common. I had wet feet. My walking boots have mesh sections on the sides not ideal for sloppy mud!




The Parks - Godmanchester 



















The total round trip was 8.2 miles, we had to walk back the way we came so our boots got another dosing of mud and by the time we got home I had wrinkled toes, not the most pleasant feeling walking in wet boots.

Peter got a message yesterday afternoon inviting him to book his Covid vaccine jab, we were very surprised at the speed of this, he is in the 65+ age group, and didn’t expect an invite yet. As I type he is there now.  Our doctors surgery seems to be really on top of the game, so it will be interesting to see when I get a call.  I will be 65 next week 😢

Dinner tonight is steak and kidney with dumplings. We decided we would have takeaway night tomorrow for a change

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x