16 February 2021

Lockdown 3 - day 43



One year today we left for our Retirement trip. 

Who would have thought when we left that the whole world would go crazy. If you want to read about our trip you can try searching or go to posts in April, May and June from last year’s blog listing 

I have to admit that regardless of how our trip ended I’m so glad we went and that we got to have some enjoyment out of 2020.

I cannot imagine when any of us will be long haul travelling again, which is so so sad. Though to be honest I’d be happy going anywhere other than being stuck at home 


 

What have we been doing on 16 February this year?  Not a lot to be honest. 

Peter unblocked the kitchen sink ...... it was pretty icky but it’s the first time in 3 years it’s needed looking at. I’m very careful about what goes down it. He then changed a flickering light bulb so we no longer have a disco effect in the kitchen. 

I had a sort out and found a bag of rye flour that needs using. There was a recipe for some chunky rye biscuits, very simple,
 200 grams of rye flour and 125 grams each of sugar and butter. 
Just rub in the butter and then bring everything together into a ball then flatten to half inch and cut out. Bake 180C for 15-18 minutes

I made two batches in different sizes. They taste good and work ok with cheese too



This afternoon I sat a finished the first sleeve of my cardigan and cast on the second. Peter went out for a walk. My hip is playing up today so decided to give it a rest. 

That’s about it and as exciting as it gets, though we do have pancakes to look forward too

1 comment:

  1. I could have used Peter to unclog my sink a couple of weeks ago. BUT i managed to take apart the plumbing myself and pull out the nasty offending clog. Even more amazing is that I got it put back together correctly and tight.
    Nice looking biscuits!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x