24 February 2021

Lockdown 3 - day 51

Busy day today.  This morning we dug a new border around the pergola/patio. It looks so much better and I’ll photograph it when it’s planted up properly.  

It’s been so mild for February that when we walked this afternoon it was a case of coats on and off depending on the wind. 

We walked over Wilhorn Meadows, around Jones Boatyard and then across the fields along the river to the guided busway. It’s crazy that two weeks ago this whole area stretching for several miles was a sea of water.  The only evidence now is the flotsam hanging in the trees and the fence line. One or two boggy bits but easily skirted. We hadn’t planned on walking so far, 6.1 miles, but once you are embarked on the journey it’s pointless turning back. 









I have my vaccine jab on Saturday morning in Cambridge.  I decided rather than wait to get it at our local surgery I would just book what was available.  My second jab is booked for May so hopefully if we are able to get to France end May/June I will be fully immunised. I just feel so relieved to have this in the pipeline. 

2 comments:

  1. I got my vaccine today! Now I wait two weeks to hear when I get the second part. I had the Pfiser vaccine. Mine was a drive thru. hapy you got yours too! The shawl looks like a fun one! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x