21 February 2021

Lockdown 3 - day 47 and 48




I love the chimney pots and fancy woodwork on this house in Houghton 



Day 47 - I spent three hours in the garden tidying and moving plants around. So satisfying. Alas I took no photos. I still have lots to do. It’s funny how when the perennials are at ground level you can see the bare bones and realise where your gaps are and what had grown to large for its position. There was some cutting back of larger shrubs which makes quite a difference. I’m hoping to get out there today too, weather permitting. 

I had a frustrating afternoon trying to do some online banking which resulted in our account being suspended. I spent a long time on hold to the fraud department - 40 minutes and then got cut off, 20 minutes and cut off again. I tried after dinner for 90 minutes and gave up. 

Dinner was Mushroom risotto 

Day 48

Awake at 3am fretting about bank, finally got up at 4:30.  Called at 5am and got straight through. Interesting that they know how long your previous waits were, no apology. But all sorted finally!!

We walked the Houghton Mill/thicket/St Ives route today. Very mild and lots of people out walking. You would never know there was a lockdown from the size of some of the groups. It makes me cross when we try so hard to stick to the rules. 

Still lots of snowdrops around and the hellebore are from our garden. I’m so happy with how they are growing, I may spilt some of them up when they finish flowering and one clump needs to be moved as it’s too far back in the border.

Dinner tonight will be Confit of duck with lentils, a quick and easy dinner from a can, the French do it so well.  We will add some vegetables and we’re done.

Tomorrow Jessica will be 7, time really does fly. I can still remember the long and agonising wait for her prolonged birth to be over.  We will visit in the morning and have a doorstep/driveway visit.  Our normal girls birthday shopping and lunch will have to wait until things change, let’s hope it’s not too long


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x