7 February 2021

Lockdown 3 - day 34

Hello and how is your weekend going?  It’s so cold here today. Icy wind but as yet no snow. The forecast keeps moving it. 

Peter is looking and feeling better today, which is great. We took ourselves off for a walk this morning, deciding just to head into St Ives as the overnight rain has made the field paths like soup. We did collect a hot chocolate and sit by the river for a short while but it was just too cold not to be moving. 




It is a watery landscape which ever way you looked, the levels have been up and down so much over the last 7 weeks it’s hard to know where it all comes from. We could really do with a spell of consistently dry weather so that the ground has a chance to revive itself. We were saying where do all the rabbits and the like go when the water floods in?  Poor things. 

I’m finding myself unable to settle to anything much today. I keep picking up my knitting doing a row then putting it down. Picking up the phone and looking at random stuff, wasting time really. I can’t decide what to cook for dinner. I have some chicken out, lots of different vegetables but nothing is calling to me. I’d actually just like to go OUT for dinner, not a takeaway, a meal cooked for me either in a restaurant or at or with family members. I’m frankly loosing the will to keep this solitary life going to the point I delay getting out of bed simply because I know there is nothing different to do. 

Sorry to be moaning I didn’t actually start this post with a moan in mind xx

1 comment:

  1. This is the perfect place to moan. But its really not moaning at all. Just telling it like it is. Hang in there Sue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x