7 January 2021

Lockdown 3 - day 3

 


These hats were the result of my knitting yesterday. I hadn’t planned on two but when checking this yarn on Ravelry it told me it was a super chunky weight, so I went right ahead and started knitting. I hadn’t got far when it was apparent that this wasn’t the case. The yarn is Sirdar Eternity which is now discontinued but the label says to knit on 5mm and when I did a wraps per inch it came out clearly as an aran weight. The only info online other than Ravelry was for sone old knitting patterns which again states aran weight. 

Anyway I finished the small hat off to a baby size and then doubled up the yarn and made an adult sized hat. These are now on their way to France for Amy and Clement. The two hats I made for Rebecca are also in the post. Who knew that we now have to complete customs declaration forms. Another crazy fallout from being a non European! 

So today apart from a trip to the post office it’s been very quiet. Peter has pulled a muscle in his thigh so walking is out at the moment, yes I know I could go on my own but it’s so cold. I sorted out the freezer and did a tidy of the kitchen. “Chatted” to a friend online for a while and finished the first sock. Caught up on the news ???!!! Shocking. And cast on the second sock. I’ll post photo of said sock tomorrow when the light is better. 

Off to find something sweet now

1 comment:

  1. I have chosen to bury my head in the sand (or bags of wool as is the case) rather than listen to newscasts. It may not be smart, but at least calmer for my heart.
    Hope Peter mends quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x