28 January 2021

Lockdown 3 - day 24

 

Wet walking today, puddles everywhere. It rained all through the night but luckily had stopped by breakfast. We walked as usual, struggling to find enthusiasm for the same walks. We do them on a rota system but as two of them follow a similar route for part it feels very much the same. 

We walked through Hemingford Abbots and out on the common towards Godmanchester. It was all soaked. Fortunately last nights flood warning came to nothing.


We found these aconites hiding under a bush, a little pop of colour


Talking of pops of colour, my Monday bargain buds are pots of gold today

And some of the polyanthus that I got in Aldi two weeks ago are brightening up the kitchen window sill

I am working on the straps for the dungarees now so on the home stretch, I’m still not sure I like them but I guess I don’t have too. 

Dinner this evening will be chicken breast stuffed with leftover haggis in a creamy sauce, I’ve not decided what to serve with it yet. It will either be a mixed salad or a mix of cabbage

It’s hard to believe that we are nearly at the end of January. Eleven weeks since we returned from France. Those Christmas presents taunt me every time I go into the room. Goodness knows when we will be able to return or to even see our local daughter and grandchildren properly again. I just hope that the sacrifices we are all making are going to work this time. Only time will tell. Keep safe, chin up, keep doing what you’re doing even if it is repetitive xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x