19 November 2020

November 19th

Are you one of those people that each year goes out and buys new Christmas wrapping paper and ribbons etc, even though you know you possibly have an accumulation from previous years?  Yes, me too. This morning I decided I’d go through my craft cupboard and see what was lurking there. Actually not too bad on the paper front, only one roll still with it’s cellophane, but lots of odd bits which would do for small gifts or stocking fillers. I’m a bit anal when it comes to wrapping. I like each persons pile to have the same paper so that it’s easy to identify!  I have masses of ribbons and strings, loads of tags and if I so desired lots of plain brown paper which can be dressed up. I may even have a go at making my own paper, now there’s a thought. 


It was a good excuse to tidy the craft cupboard too. My thoughts then went to my messy yarn boxes and bags, in fact it was a mess. Now that ALL my works in progress are completed I decided it was time to put away needles, patterns and bags. Which meant all my yarn boxes were dragged out and sorted. All my needles neatly put back in their holders. I must have a few lurking down the sides of the sofas as there are a few lone needles. It’s very satisfying and the basket that sits by my sofa now only has a pattern book, yarn, needles and notions bag ready to cast on my next project. It’s virtually empty!

Here is my extended ten stitch blanket. Laid out for photo purposes. This will be neatly folded at the end of the bed for use when it’s chilly. 


Time to make some lunch. I seemed to have achieved a great deal this morning. I think finish my book only one chapter left,  then cast on this afternoon. Take care xx

2 comments:

  1. The blanket came out nice!! Your craft basket is so neat and tidy. I think it's always a good feeling when every thing is neat and tidy. Is it your grandson's sweater next on the agenda? Do like the color that 's going to be. ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craft room tidying is always on my to-do list. Soon Most of it will be moved to the new building.
    I need to develop your skill of editing down!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x