21 November 2020

November 21st

Oh goodness have I got the fidgets today. I just can’t settle to anything. 

I woke whilst it was still dark, tossed and turned and managed to wake Peter. It was actually 6:45 by that time and actually wasn’t that early/dark just dull. 

A cup of coffee and I settled down to finish the Chateau book. Quite predictable, in that it followed the pattern of everyone who ever bought a chateau in France.  “Lets buy a chateau. They are so cheap, we can sell up, work for ourselves, spend more quality family time.” You either have to have very deep pockets to enable you to employ artisans to renovate said Chateau, AND be able to pay the huge running costs/taxes, or work yourselves to death serving other people whilst trying to do the renovations yourself. I think it takes a special kind of person. Obviously Sam Juneau wasn’t that person. We have seen first hand just how hard the life our family has chosen but they are getting there slowly. It will never make them rich but hopefully they will get to a point where they can step back a bit and enjoy what is a beautiful place. Living in France definitely has its appeal and there is no shortage of people willing to make the jump or Chateaux crying out to be rescued. As I’ve said before I’d do it in a heartbeat if I was younger, but not the B&B part! That really is too much like hard work and I don’t actually like people that much!!

I sat for about 30 mins fiddling with the puzzle, my head still feels swimmy from my migraine, either that or it’s being struck indoors. 

I’ve done about 30 rows on my knitting but that’s not holding my attention. 



Had the urge to bake but decided against it as I’d just sit and stuff myself. We’ve not really got anything sweet in the house apart from a slab of marzipan ( for the Christmas cake) and some 70% dark chocolate. Believe me I’ve been through the drawers to check. There are some kids chewy sweets but I don’t want to risk my fillings on those. What I really want is to be able to get out for a good long walk then I can justify a sweet treat.  

Sorry to sound so negative just not having a great day, think it’s time for gin or is that just the slippery slope?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x