6 November 2020

November - not giving a fig!

My day started with a FaceTime call from our youngest grandson to tell me he was going to be playing rugby at school today, and also going on a ramble. It so lovely to have a chat with him. Normally they don’t stay on for long leaving me chatting to their mum. 

We had another day working in the garden. Firstly sorting around the new poly tunnel in preparation for some new borders. We cleared the courgette plants and pulled up all the rotting rhubarb leaves. There are still a few raspberries, though they don’t have great flavour now. 

After lunch we tackled the overgrown fig trees and cut down a rotting mirabelle plum tree. Lots of figs and leaves to clear and we have another bonfire in the making. Plus logs to be stacked and dried. The smell of fig wood is amazing. 







It’s all good exercise, though I’ll need ibruprofen at bedtime..

A beautiful sunset again tonight. I so love being here in France but would miss the rest of our family too much to make the move.....






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x