30 November 2020

November 30th

And here we are at the end of yet another month. Another month of restrictions, doubts, fears and life I’m sad to say, we are slowly growing to accept. One where we check our pockets and bags for masks and sanitiser before leaving home. Where you make a wide berth on the footpath rather than brush passed someone. Also where you no longer worry if the house is a bit messy cos hey no ones coming round!!

Today we walked into St Ives for the market. I wanted some plants and that was really about it. We didn’t check the forecast before leaving figuring we were just in for another dreary day. Wrong! I’d just picked up the plants when it started to rain. Neither of us had a hat or umbrella so it was a soggy walk home. 



















I got the sweater for Rufus finished, not a great photo as the light was so bad. I sent a photo to him he was very happy. I’m now working on a scarf for Laurie. Children are funny with their requests, I felt sure Laurie would want a sweater too but no just a scarf. 

Yesterday we took a FaceTime call from Gus who asked if I would listen to him read - he started school in September so I wasn’t expecting too much, but got a real shock when he sat and sounded out, then read each sentence of his reader. To say I was impressed would be an understatement, long may his enthusiasm last. Jess also read her book too me and again the change in pace and fluidity was remarkable. We are so happy that all the grandchildren have a love of books and the elder three a passion for maths (not sure where that comes from).  I know both sets of parents struggled with the home schooling but to be honest it doesn’t seem to have caused too much harm. I also think that they gained in some respect by learning practical skills and spending more one on one time with both parent rather than predominantly their mothers. 

It looks to be a reasonable day tomorrow so we shall be heading off out. Then I planned on making some mince pies and a panforte as the cake tin is empty again!

1 comment:

  1. Good for the parents and goos for the children loving learning! Most of all good for you that they wanted to share their skills with you.

    That’s a lot of fleece on that fence!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x