28 November 2020

November 27/28th

 





Misty and murky I think you would describe the weather for the last two days. Not that we cared. We were off out bright and early for a decent ramble. I can’t tell you how great it was to be out and not worry about breaking any rules. I must confess we did sneak out separately for short walks just to get some air a few times towards the end of confinement. To be honest it was more for mental health than anything else. How people stay indoors all day everyday I can’t imagine. We just aren’t indoor people by any stretch of the imagination. 

So where did we walk?  We decided to head over to the guided busway and take a walk around Fen Drayton Lakes. It was a bit muddy in parts but peaceful and quiet with maybe a handful of people the whole time we were out. It’s easy to social distance when walking around here as there are plenty of walks for all and at times you may not see another soul. 

Today, Saturday I had to go into Cambridge for a long overdue eye test. I’d been putting it off due to Covid worries but in actuality it was fine. In fact no change again to my prescription which is great news. I was surprised how busy the town was considering the shops are currently closed. Some of the bigger shops were open for click and collect and returns, the market was doing a good trade and some of the coffee shops doing takeaway and that was about it. We didn’t hang about. Called in to Tesco at Bar Hill on the way home for a grocery shop, it was busy, too busy, uncomfortably busy, just too many people. I think after a month of relatively few people it was just overwhelming. Still we are stocked up now and I will just buy locally if we need anything. The new village shop opens next week, quite exciting. It’s being completely refurbished and is a Budgens franchise so it will be good to have a well stocked shop at hopefully reasonable prices. 

It’s hard to believe that we are at the end of November. Autumn seems to have felt very short. Perhaps it was the run of good weather in October and the fact that there are still lots of leaves on the trees. I’m not really ready for winter and cold, we have had a few heavy frosts this week which made me search out some gloves and even a hat yesterday. I’m not normally a woolly hat person. 

If you are on social media, have you noticed how many people have started decorating for Christmas?  I can’t do it, it’s far to early. When do you start decorating? We usually do the tree  the week before Christmas, around the 16-18th. I do like candles (all year) and fairy lights (winter) and lots of winter foliage so that is my concession to starting early. 

Time to get my knitting out, the back and front of Ru’s sweater is completed and I’m halfway up the first sleeve. Take care xx

2 comments:

  1. This year we'll decorate earlier than usual. My granddaughter is with us, so she is eager to see the decorations up. Have most of the Christmas knitting done. Just have to concentrate on cooking and wrapping gifts. It's been wet and damp here also! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For too early for Christmas decorations for me as well. So many around put theirs up before Halloween!
    Something joyful to them I guess in this year of upheaval.
    Keeps the mental health walks up. I love you walk photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x