14 November 2020

November 14

November 14th what a wet, dreary and miserable day. We’ve had the lights and candles on since lunchtime just to add some cheer. 

The day started with a long FaceTime chat with Rachel and Gus, Jess popped in occasionally. Whilst chatting Rachel told me about a colleague who has been diagnosed with breast and bone cancer. They are putting together a care package for her at work and she asked me if I had any hot water bottles leftover. I actually had one which I found in the cupboard the other day, a sample from when we had to change size. So I offered to knit a cover for it. I was a bit limited on colours of chunky yarn but found some James C Brett Marble in my stash in a soft green/grey combo. I hope she likes it. 



Following on from yesterday’s post, here is an update. The bobbles are sewn on the kids hats, I knitted the first of the two hats for the girls but decided it was too big so pulled it back to the rib and started again. Two lots of yarn ordered for Ru’s sweater.  I couldn’t decide which to get so thought I’d knit a swatch in each and let him choose. The crochet has been put into hibernation and the shawl and throw are as they were.

That’s my day apart from getting some laundry done. Peter is cooking dinner Chicken Burritos bowls so a lazy evening for me  

Catch you tomorrow if I have anything to say x


1 comment:

  1. The flower on the cover is bound to bring a little smile to the recipient. Nice touch

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x