26 November 2020

November 26th

Last day of quarantine. A beautiful day. I went to the shop via the river, it was just too nice to stay in. Especially as the forecast tomorrow has us in thick fog all day. 

So tier two, are we surprised, no I guess not. What makes me sad is that I took a FaceTime call from Gus this morning asking could we pick them up from school once lockdown was finished. I guess the answer to that one now is no. We will have to content ourselves with meeting outside for however long this goes on for. My heart aches for the fact of missing out on so much time with these little ones. Spending just an hour or two in their company means so much. Time we will never get back. 

My days have been alternating between knitting, puzzling and reading. I’ve now finished all three of the Yorkshire Shepherdess books and am now onto the new Philippa Gregory- Dark Tides. The sweater for Rufus is coming along I should get the front completed this evening. The puzzles is frustrating me at the moment, so many similar pieces!!




I have also cleaned all the brass and copper this week. A job I put off but once done I’m thankful for making the effort. Talking of thankful, happy thanksgiving to all who celebrate, please have a safe day xx

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday was a great day with a wonderful meal. I know what you mean about the heart break of not seeing grandchildren and and our children. Keep praying the vaccine will be ready soon! I've read most of Philippa Gregory's books She's a good read. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have plenty of copper waiting for you if the world ever gets right again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x