16 October 2020

October - day 16

Day 16, half way through the month already. I decided that it must be time to make a start on the cake for this Christmas.  Let’s face it, it’s been a crappy year and it looks like the crap will be continuing so let’s eat cake.  Peter and I may be eating the whole thing ourselves but it’s not Christmas without fruit cake. I’m making the Mary Berry one again this year, I make up my own combo of dried fruits based on what is in the cupboards, this year it’s raisins, sultanas, cranberries, apricots and cherries. We didn’t have any brandy or sherry so the fruit is doing it’s three day soak in homemade cherry gin.



Rachel came over today for a bit of a crafting session which actually turned into me knitting and her and Peter sorting out all her silks and winding them on to bobbins.  


We decided as a treat we would go to the pub for lunch. Again we had the bar to ourselves. Rachel and I had roast beef ciabatta with double cooked fries and a pot of gravy for dunking. Peter went for a crayfish and avocado bagel and he and Rachel also shared a side of haggis fritters. It was all lovely, I could get used to going out again. 


Autumn colours

I finished the hat and cowl set for Gus

Linus shawl in the making

It’s been another grey and gloomy day and I have spent the afternoon catching up on some vlogs and starting a new shawl. The yarn I used as the contrast for Gus’s hat had lots leftover so I thought I would use it up on another shawl because of course I need more shawls! Or it might become a gift for someone. I will be working on my ten stitch later as I’d like to move that along as it takes up a fair amount of room. I also plan on making more granny squares, a project which fell by the wayside around April, so much for 12 squares a month....

No plans for the weekend yet, again more gloomy weather. I expect we will visit the farmers market tomorrow and maybe head out for some plants. There are also weeds to pull and lavenders to cut back in the front garden so plenty to do if I can be bothered. 

Take care and have a safe weekend x

1 comment:

  1. Like the yarn!! What a great shawl it's going to make! I bet it was fun to get out to eat. take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x