10 October 2020

October - day 9




A good day was had. Rachel and I headed to the Springfield’s outlet centre up in Spalding for our shopping trip. Primarily for the craft store but it was good just to be out and in one another’s company for an uninterrupted chat. 

Those that know me, know that I have a bit of a thing for striped tops which on their own are great but not so much to wear with shawls. So my mission was to find some plain ones so that I have a neutral base for showing off my work. Another thing you might know about me is I hate clothes shopping. Normally if I go out with something in mind I score a big fat zero, so my expectations weren’t high. 

Fortified with a coffee we hit the shops. First stop Joules where I find a navy top, my size. I didn’t put it down as it was the only one. A further look round revealed nothing else so I buy the top. Score 1.  Next few shops revealed nothing much. Then we headed for Marks and Spencer, where we find fine knit tops in a selection of colours, I buy three,  black, pearl grey and teal. Rachel gets a pearl grey. I’m more than happy as these will be perfect either on their own or with a cardigan or waistcoat. 

The craft store was ok, not brilliant. Cheap nasty acrylic yarn, the kind that squeaks on your fingers with a plastic looking finish!! Some cotton yarn in dubious colours. Rachel wanted felt which she got, and I found some anti slip glue for slipper socks. I think if you were a quilter then you would be more than catered for. Similarly, paper crafts and the like. 

The rest of the shops revealed nothing much, Rachel wanted a new coat and some boots which proved tricky as you are no longer allowed to try clothes on. Not a problem if you live close and can return said item if it doesn’t fit, but we are an hours drive away and as these are outlet purchases cannot be returned to regular stores. So she didn’t get anything else. 

A quick lunch in Subway and we headed for home to be back in time for school pickup. Peter joined us for some time with the children and to take me home. So all in all a good day. 

I have spent the last few evenings working on my ten stitch blanket extensions, again Blogger has put the photos at the top!! I really need to finish my cardigan, I only have the sleeve to do and then it’s ready to wear! Maybe this weekend as we have no plans other than to start moving some plants around and a couple of walks.

Enjoy your weekend whatever you are doing, and if anyone has any tips on how you stop your glasses steaming up when wearing a mask I’d love to hear them. I have tried folding a tissue and placing in the mask which does help some of the time x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x