19 October 2020

October - day 19

Today is my mother in law’s birthday she is 93. What an achievement. She still lives in her own home, cooks, bakes and does her garden. Whilst she has her health issues she does very well. Long may it continue. We went to visit this morning and I had to wait in the car until some of her visitors left due to the “rule of six”, so frustrating but at least we can still visit for now.  




These roses where in a bouquet that my MIL received, aren’t they gorgeous 


This is a beetroot orange drizzle cake that I made yesterday whilst cooking dinner. It has a interesting flavour. I think it would benefit from a touch of spice, so if I make it again I’ll add some

What else have we done today?  

Popped to the garden centre on the way home for plants for the new border. 

Quick shop for bits I needed for my Christmas cake. 

Dropped off a parcel for posting, exciting news is that our village shop/post office has been taken over and by the looks of things it’s getting really well stocked.  

Changed bed linen. 

Got all the washing done, out and dry. 

Prepared dinner for next two days. 

Cleaned the hob

Finished the Christmas cake which is now in the oven. 

So all in all a productive day. Tomorrow I hope to get the plants in and do a bit of weeding

Blogger is playing silly with the photos again, apologies for that 

As usual please take care, things are really going pear shaped and I have a feeling that it won’t be long before we are all in lockdown again xx

1 comment:

  1. You did have a busy day. We might have lock down in the states too. More cases are on the rise!I basically stay close to home! Hope some day this virus will go away or they find a vaccine for it! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x