3 October 2020

October- Day 2

Friday 2 October was such a miserable day . Rain and wind all day so Peter lit our first fire of the season. I love a real fire, so cosy and alive and it soon took the chill off and we settled down to a day of reading.  I’m working my way through a book we picked up from a campsite in New Zealand for NZ$2, it called Gone to Soldiers by Marge Piercy written in 1987 - it’s a huge book and I can’t believe we actually dragged it home!

Before the rain really got going I nipped outside and picked these from the garden to brighten up the lounge



 Looks like we are in for another wet day as Storm Alex crosses the country, not that we can go anywhere if we wanted too. Life in quarantine is very trying!

See you tomorrow for day 3

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday's bread looked yummy. The fire in the fireplace has a welcoming feeling. When it's raining and miserable out it's fun to sit and read a good book! It's gotten a little colder here , but the sun out nice and bright. Stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A post a day. Good for you. Maybe it will rub of on me. One can hope.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x