21 October 2020

October - day 21

Welcome from a very wet Cambridgeshire, it honestly hasn’t let up all day. The kind of day where you need the lights on, just miserable. 

First thing we headed out into the Fens to collect some reclaimed scaffold boards for the Chateau gite project. We get all the good jobs! It was a real surprise when we got the address


The Speechley surname seems to originate around the Peterborough area, though as far as we know we aren’t related to anyone. We have been contacted over the years by various people researching their family trees. One day we will get round to checking it out properly. Peter’s grandfather came from the village of Stilton outside of Peterborough but that’s as close as it gets. 

Once back with our load we settled down with the first of the puzzles, I can’t believe how “retired” this feels, but so addictive 




This one is 500 pieces to start us off. 

My shawl is coming along nicely, considering this was very cheap yarn it’s got a lovely drape to it. The yarn was from Action in France and it’s called Happy Colors and the navy is from Aldi’s So Crafty range, as I say cheap and cheerful




We had hoped the rain would stop so we could get out for a quick walk but no luck so far so I will go and prepare dinner. Peter wants a pineapple upside down pudding for dessert, oh my poor waistline, yes I know I don’t have to eat it

Thanks for the comments that have been coming through from various mediums, it’s always good to know that people are reading and liking enough to comment. I’ve actually enjoyed these daily posts through October and I will try and keep posting, if not daily at least a few times a week. Right back to the puzzle x

2 comments:

  1. The shawl came out good. Maybe cheap ,but pretty! I love jig saw puzzles. I have one going on the dining room table all the time. My Mom got me addicted to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the daily posts have been so interesting. Yes puzzles can be addictive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x