20 October 2020

October - day 20

Day 20, October is whizzing past. I really can’t believe how fast the weeks go even when you feel like you aren’t doing much. 

This morning was housework for me and Peter went into Cambridge for a haircut. 

This afternoon we collected Jess and Gus from school and bought them back here for the afternoon. 

I got the new plants put in before tomorrow’s wet day. Pretty happy with how it’s looking, I’m always tempted to put too many plants in forgetting that they will fill out. I have some Allium and Camassia bulbs to go in, but still need to pick up more daffodil bulbs then I’ll get them all placed.

Jess and I made some green tomato salsa which was an acceptable use of the unripe tomatoes. We still have a few left to do something with. 

I decided that I needed something else to do with my day to keep me away from my phone and the depressing news so I asked Rachel to loan me her jigsaw puzzles. She has a stack of Crazy Cat puzzles which we usually take when we go away on family holidays. We have a long dining table so I plan to set up one end as a puzzle station. I love being able to just stop and drop a few piece in as you pass by. 





Tomorrow looks to be an awful day, heavy rain all day so I don’t see us venturing very far

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x