2 March 2021

Lockdown 3 - day 57


Today it was all about knitting.  

Peter decided it was time to break out his bicycle and took himself off for a long ride. 

So what did I do?  

Well firstly I decided to fill the cake tin. Making cherry and pecan flapjacks and a fruited bran loaf. I then did the last few rows on my shawl. I love this shawl. It’s big and snuggly and was made using mainly scraps of yarn that have been sitting around for an age. I didn’t follow a set pattern, just cast on 5 stitches and increased one stitch (kfb) in the third stitch on the right side row, this makes a neat border, and slipped the first stitch on the wrong side. Garter stitch throughout. 






Peter got back just before lunch then took himself off for a walk this afternoon. My hip is still painful so I’m giving it another rest day.

Of course I can’t have empty needles so I cast on a pair of Rye Socks, pattern from Tin Can Knits - aran/worsted weight so they knit up really fast. I’m using some eye watering purple yarn - Caron Simply Soft, with an oddments of the same yarn in a bright mix for heels and toe. This yarn was bought on one of our USA holidays but goodness knows when, so time for it to shine!!


 

Dinner was easy tonight, Chicken and vegetable curry which came from the freezer, so all I had to do was heat it through, cook some rice and poppadoms. Job done. 

1 comment:

  1. Sue your garter shawl is gorgeous . . I also want those cherry/ bakes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x