10 March 2021

Lockdown 3 - day 65

My scrap socks are complete.  Lots of ends to sew in but they worked out nearly the same, just a bit towards the end of the second foot where I had to make a change.  

I decided that I would cast on another ten stitch blanket. We can always use one in the car.  I have a pile of Sirdar Eternity which won’t get used for anything else so I’m holding this with some fawn Aran weight. The Eternity was gifted to me a few years back so it will be good to put it to use.



I found these white violets in the garden today, hiding under the budding magnolia bush


Today has been so different to yesterdays blue skies and sunshine. It has rained for most of the day, we did get out for a bit of a walk this afternoon but got caught in a downpour on the way home.  It’s cold too.

I love watching the herons along the river, these birds are so prehistoric looking. 

Rain coming in over Houghton Meadows.  There was nowhere to hide so we had to keep walking, hand on my rain hat as the wind kept lifting it off, the last thing I wanted was to have to chase it over the soggy meadow 



Tomorrow is looking better so hopefully we will see the sun again 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x