7 March 2021

Lockdown 3 - day 62


We started the day with a FaceTime chat with our family in France. A tour of the garden to see the progress. So much we are missing and we feel so bad not to be able to help out. Fortunately the hedges are still looking neat and tidy, so hopefully we can get back once bird nesting season is over and give them a trim. 

The garden of the gite needs to be set out, that is a huge job that they need to get too once the fencing goes in. I’m not sure how they will get it done with everything else still to do?

Everything else is looking great though and the fruit trees planted in the autumn are sprouting well. New raised beds are going in for Rebecca flower cutting garden and the poly tunnel is full of plants and seedlings. As I say, fingers crossed that we can get back to help out.  

The first of my next pair of scrap socks is complete, I’m very happy with it.  I’ve been working a few rows on the honeycomb shawl this afternoon.

This morning we walked - 8 miles - choosing to head out towards Hilton and then through to Fenstanton and back to Hemingford via the Low Road.  It was great that this route had low foot traffic and to be honest we hardly encountered anyone, which is how we like it these days.  Do you feel uncomfortable around people? I seriously wonder how long it will be before I want to risk a crowd again and don’t get me started on a crowded tube train, I hate those at the best of times.


Daffodils in the front border 

A few photos from our walk, I love the old tree roots on the bank of the stream










Dinner this evening will be chicken and sweet potato Thai curry with rice, looking forward to that, always enjoy a Thai curry and so quick to prepare and cook.

Looking at the calendar for this coming week, tomorrow a pension review over the phone - dull. Tuesday morning meeting my friend Manda for a catch up which will be fun, we hope to be able to sit each end of a bench outside weather permitting, if not we will park the cars in opposite directions and chat through the open window! The things we do to be able to meet up safely. I’ll take a hot drink and my knitting just in case.  The rest of the week is blank for now. Though the local plant nursery reopens for the season so maybe I will tuck a visit in at some point 


1 comment:

  1. That's quite a place Rebecca and her husband have in France. It's looking beautiful with all the hard work you all have been doing! I feel the same about being near people now with all this horrible virus. I think I'll be very cautious from now on. Good job on the socks Great way to use a little yarn up. I've seen the honeycomb shawl on Pinterest. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x