5 March 2021

Lockdown 3 - day 59-60






I couldn’t be bothered to blog yesterday. I didn’t actually do much other than knit. It was grey and cold, pretty much like today really. Though today we have been out for a walk and also cleaned through the house, banishing the dust from the corners. 

It’s still only 2:30 now, plenty more of the day to fill. Peter is going out on his bicycle again, trying to work off all the lockdown cake! Me I will pull out my knitting and turn on a book  

How lovely is the Amaryllis?  I’ve never had one before, thinking they were a bit artificial looking. But this was a gift which came in bulb form, so I’ve nurtured it along and have been rewarded with this glorious plant.  Whether I will be able to keep it going through the summer so that it will grow again next winter remains to be seen. I’m converted. 

Farmers Market tomorrow, so I’m sure we will ‘bump’ into our local family for a distanced chat which will be lovely. It’s seems an age since we saw them last. 

I ordered flowers to be delivered to my mum for Mothering Sunday next week, it’s over a year since we last saw her, it’s just as well she doesn’t remember us anymore and is oblivious to what’s going on in the world. Sad times 

1 comment:

  1. The Amaryllis looks beautiful! I do so hope that you get to ‘bump into’ your family today🥰

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x