3 March 2021

Lockdown 3 - day 58




Day 58, that really seems like a long time. No real end in sight, just more of the same. We are trying not to get our hopes up for the end of the month when we can meet with our family again. I find it really hard when I see big groups of people out together, who clearly don’t live in the same household. Like the group of 15 adults out on bikes at the weekend with their kids. None were socially distanced, even on their bikes. Makes me sound old and grumpy but I want to be with my family more than anything but we are sticking to the rules. Others clearly aren’t. 


What have we done today? Walked, we went over to Houghton and picked up a coffee and cake then walked back. It’s turned cold again, no sign of the sun

The water birds are pairing up, we spotted a robin with a beak full of building materials but I missed the photo opportunity.  Violets are popping up through the grass which is lovely to see.

This afternoon I have been playing around with creating a honeycomb shawl. I know there are patterns out there but I like to exercise my brain and figure it out for myself. Always a sense of achievement if you diy. The colour combo looks better in the flesh, the olive looks a bit yellow in the photo. There is a garter border on each side so I’m working with four balls of yarn, so a fair bit of untwisting periodically!! Increasing one stitch on the right side row for shaping. I think I could have introduced the colour a bit earlier but as it will be me wearing it I can live with the error.

Dinner this evening will be Pork chilli nachos 

1 comment:

  1. Day 58 sounds a bit scary! Your shawl pattern looks challenging, but lovely... it’ll keep someone cosy. I’m glad you manage to get out for coffee and cake, not many places round here have bothered to do takeaways this time round, battle fatigue, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x