25 March 2021

Lockdown 3 - day 80

 It’s been a showery day today.  Peter went cycling this morning, he’s really getting back into it now.  Puts me to shame but I did clean a couple of windows while he was out.  Just ones that don’t have vertical blinds.  The lowering afternoon light really shows up how much they need doing!

I also cast on another project.  A summer top for Jess.  Not much to show right now but I’ll take some photos tomorrow.

We walked after lunch dodging the rain, in fact given the colour of the skies we didn’t run in to too much rain.

Everywhere you look the leaves are bursting forth, I do love the vibrancy of the new growth. We walked around the perimeter of Hemingford to Houghton meadow, considering that this was underwater for so long just a short while ago it’s lovely to see the spring flowers coming through, huge clumps of water iris along the banks, it won’t be long before their yellow flags are waving in the breeze. 
















Can you guess what I wished for?







Tomorrow looks like another showery day, possibly more rain than today.  Peter is going to give a platelets donation at Addenbrookes Hospital and then to collect some bunches of asparagus. He got a message yesterday to say they had started picking, and as it’s fairly close by not too far out of his way. Now that he is retired this supplier is a fair way from us - I just checked it’s actually a 50 mile round trip, the hospital being a 38 mile round trip - but worth it if you can combine it with something else. It looks like I need to look for things to do over in that direction for the duration of the asparagus season ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x